Monday, July 14, 2008

Jumping Off

Hello everyone and welcome to my...I guess they call it a "blog" , whatever that means. I"m so glad, thankful and appreciative that you stopped by today. Pull up a chair while I throw a few more logs on the fire. Help yourself to any of the teas. I also brewed some thick java that is piping hot. Are these your friends out here? Bring 'em in; I've got all kinds of room; we'll just move this stuff out of the way. There's a stack of Hudson Bay blankets inside that you can bring out onto the porch if you get cool. It's a little damp today.

If you haven't stopped by before, we usually get together a few times a week, sometimes more often when more friends are up. It's all casual here. Bring your own cup if you want and I'll keep it here on the rack. You're welcome to discuss anything you wish; we certainly have covered most topics over the years. However we mostly talk about life in the Northwoods of Wisconsin; specifically the Minocqua or lakeland area and the north lakeland area including Boulder Junction, Presque Isle, Manitowish Waters, Winchester etc. These are my favorites and where I've spent most of my time.

We all seem to enjoy just being in the woods and water so real estate comes up often; the best lakes for fishing, property values, old homesteads etc. When we're not busy (which is most of the time) we eat, so food is always "on the menu". As you can tell when you walked in here, I have collected some nice art pieces over the years from local cratsmen (paintings, furniture, rugs, quilts etc.) that are all within an hours drive from here. We'll kick their names around a bit and see if we can't turn you onto their studios. Actually, they usually have a shed out back. A studio sounds kind of funny.

But, as I mentioned before, we usually just sit back, sip some coffee, listen to the fire snap, crackle and pop and talk about life up here; our lives in the Northwoods of Wisconsin and just how blessed we are to be in this area that is overflowing with natural splendor. It's a good life for sure and I'm glad you're here!

I've gotta run. Thanks for stopping by today and bringing the pie. All my love to you and yours, Elmer

No comments: